Did you lose your WhatsApp messages? Then don’t worry. Here we discuss the process to restore deleted WhatsApp messages on Android and iPhone as well.
WhatsApp is the popular app that used by billions of peoples for communication worldwide. The developers regularly provide the updates to fix bugs and implanting new features as well. The revolution comes in communication apps when WhatsApp provide the feature of audio and video call. This app provides you end to end encryption which means none can hack your account and look in your private.
How to Successfully Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
Don’t feel low. We discuss the solution to restore deleted WhatsApp messages here. Just follow the procedure to restore WhatsApp messages on your phone.
Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android
Carefully follow the steps to recover deleted messages of WhatsApp given below:
- First of all, you have to open the app drawer.
Your mobile phone will have the backup files from the past seven days in the local memory while Google Drive only has the most recent backup.
- Tap on the File Explorer (default file manager)
- Click on the storage where you installed WhatsApp.
- Tap on the WhatsApp folder.
- You will see the ‘databases’ folder. Click on it.
- Rename the backup file name from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12 (change the name of the recent backup to restore deleted WhatsApp messages)
- Install the WhatsApp from the Play store.
- Open & finish the verification process, you will see restore option.
- Click on the restore button.
Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
Before you starting the process, you require to install a file manager that you can get from the App Store easily.
- Open the file manager.
- Go to the storage where you installed WhatsApp.
- Tap on WhatsApp folder to reach databases.
- Change the name of the file from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12 (it is the recent saved local backup file).
- Install the WhatsApp from App Store.
- Tap on the restore to recover the recent messages.
How to Backup WhatsApp Chat to Google Drive
Google Drive comes with the 15 GB free without any cost just with the signup. You can save the WhatsApp chat history or backup on the space available. Just follow the steps to backup WhatsApp chat to Google drive:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on Menu. (Three dots on the top right side)
- Click on the Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Tap Backup to Google Drive or you can change the setting of backup frequency.
- Select the Google Account where you save the backup of WhatsApp messages.
- If you don’t have Google Account, then click on the Add Account and when prompted, enter the login details. Just Remember your Google Account.
- Tap Back up over to choose the network you wish to use for backup.
Note: Backing up over the cellular data network can charge you addition data for backup.
Comment down if you face any problem while restore deleted WhatsApp messages.
Thanks for visiting here. Have a Nice Day!